Relieves and/or cures cold symptoms
Causes steam to come out of the drinker's ears for a few hours
Orangish liquid in colour
Beginner to Moderate
Pepper-Up Potion is a potion that cures the common cold. When drank, it has a side-effect that causes steam to come out of the drinker's ears for several hours.
If the potion is made successfully, the liquid will be orange in colour.
- Two pinches of crushed Bicorn Horn
- Mandrake Root
- Three Sprigs of English Thyme
- Five drops of Salamander Blood
- Four Fire Seeds
- Add 1 piece Bicorn Horn to the mortar
- Crush into a very fine powder using the pestle
- Add 2 pinches of the crushed Bicorn Horn to your cauldron
- Add the Mandrake Root to your cauldron
- Heat on medium for 10 seconds
- Leave to brew and return in 30 minutes
- Add 3 sprigs of English Thyme to your cauldron
- Stir 4 times, clockwise
- Add 5 drops of Salamander Blood to your cauldron
- Stir 2 times, anti-clockwise
- Add 4 Fire Seeds to your cauldron
- Let set for 1 Minute
Fire Seeds must be added slowly one at a time and at three second intervals to avoid overheating. In the event that a brew is overheated, it will scorch the brew and render it null, giving off a dark red vapour.
This potion requires a Potions Skill Level of 11 and further requires a dice roll of 7 or higher in order to be considered a successful brew. If your Potions Skill is not 11, then it is considered a failed attempt.
There is NOTHING in this potion that will cause it to explode, create a toxic fume, or create a foul order, or any other dangers that are NOT listed on this page.